Moving Forward - Moving Up
Suppose you were told that you had only a short time to live - what would you do? You would possibly concentrate on making yourself a better person, ask for forgiveness, want to travel, visit with friends and family - in such a situation, we would say all of the things we want to do.
Suppose, on the other hand, we find ourselves waking up one day not knowing where we're exactly headed in life. Our relationships with others require love and respect. Why can't we give the same to ourselves? We need to know what we are worth and what we deserve so that we are more driven to do what we've always wanted.
To move up in life, to keep a steady growth, we need to follow a few simple rules:
* We have to set goals that are important to us. By setting a goal, we have something to look forward to, a driving force that will fuel or energize us.
* We need to trust in our own abilities. We shouldn�t compare what we have to what others have. Everyone is different; each of us unique unto ourselves. Ignore those people who constantly criticize us. A positive mind is the ticket to a successful journey.
* Learn the power of meditation. By learning to channel our focus to something, we will be able to see things in a clearer light. A cool head does better in solving problems than a hot one.
* Dispel negative thoughts. These thoughts can be our life's biggest roadblock. Negative thoughts attract negative outcomes. It's a vicious cycle. We all have the ability to get of this rut, raise ourselves up, and begin our journey.
* Love ourselves. No one loves a person who doesn't love himself. We need to learn how to be thankful for what we have and who we are. Knowing what we can do and believing in our abilities will give us the strength to drive forward.
Knowing what is good in each of us is not being egotistical. We don't have to brag. The glow in our faces will be proof enough of how happy we are with the cards that life has dealt us with. For us to succeed and move up, we have to live our life free of regrets. Being proud of who we are will prove to be good for our psyche. As long as we live in harmony with ourselves, we are bound to fulfill our destiny.
More articles on Personal Development here